Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Updated Website - Work In Progress

As you can clearly see, I've started working on a new layout for the website. So far I've whipped up a quick layout and moved the news front-end to blogger to reduce the number of problems I've had trying to get news to post on my local machine here at home. I'm in the process of converting the old content from the old website over to this one, starting with the photoalbums section.

This section alone is a huge undertaking, but I want to set it up so that people can still access it. It should be noted, however, that if anyone was directly linking to any photographs that the links to them will all be broken now since the full paths to the pictures have changed in order to keep the directory structures on the new site more uniform (the old site was getting a little out of control). Also note that if you were directly linking to any pictures... well, you should not have been; and I'd like to point out that I'd hope people do not directly link to them either.

Also, the photo album section will no longer be updated; I am moving all the photos to the fantastic Flickr website. This reduces the amount of time I need to spend on updating the website - it should allow for more frequent updates.

As changes and milestones in the update are reached, I'll make sure to update here in the news. Also, if we upload images to Flickr, I will also post an update, so please visit us now and again to see what's new.

I hope you enjoy the new simplified website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home